SEBI Recruitment 2020
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market. SEBI Recruitment 2020 (SEBI Bharti 2020) for 147 Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) Posts.
Total: 147 Posts
Name of the Post: Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager)
|Sr. No.||Stream||No. of Vacancy|
|3||Information Technology (IT)||22|
- General: Master’s Degree in any discipline, Bachelors’ Degree in Law, Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA / CFA / CS / Cost Accountant.
- Legal: Bachelor’s Degree in Law. (LLB)
- IT: Graduate in engineering (electrical/ electronics/ electronics and communication/ information technology/ computer science) OR Masters in Computers Application OR Graduate in any discipline with a postgraduate qualification in computers/ information technology.
- Civil: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Electrical: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Research: Master’s Degree in Statistics / Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance) / Econometrics from a recognized University / Institute.
- Official Language: Master’s Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level or Master’s Degree in Sanskrit / English / Economics / Commerce with Hindi as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level from a recognized University / Institute.
Age Limit: 18 to 30 years as on 29 February 2020 [SC/ST: 05 years Relaxation, OBC: 03 years Relaxation]
Job Location: All India
Fee: General/OBC: ₹1000/- [SC/ST/PWD: ₹100/-]
Date of Examination:
- Phase I: 12 April 2020
- Phase II: 03 May 2020
Last Date of Online Application: 23 March 2020
SEBI Recruitment 2020
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
|Activity||Important Dates (SEBI reserves the right to|
make any change in these dates)
|On-Line Application and Payment of fee On-Line||March 07, 2020, to March 23, 2020|
|Availability of Call Letters on SEBI website (for On-Line Examinations)||Will be intimated by email/SMS|
|Phase I On-Line Examination||April 12, 2020|
|Phase II On-Line Examination*||May 03, 2020|
|Phase III Interview||Dates will be intimated|
MODE OF SELECTION of SEBI Recruitment 2020: Mode of selection shall be a three-stage process.
Phase I (on-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each), Phase II (on-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and Phase III (Interview).
a.Phase I On-Line Examination:
An online screening examination consisting of two papers (Multiple Choice questions of 100 marks each) will be held on April 12, 2020. The exam will consist of:
|Paper 1||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to|
moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.
|General Stream: Multiple choice questions on|
subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized|
subject related to the stream.
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on|
subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (ii) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for Phase-II examination process and will not be counted for final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase I shall be shortlisted for Phase II. List of candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be made available on SEBI
Syllabus for the papers in Phase I is available in the Annexure to this advertisement.
b. Phase II On-Line Examination:
An on-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each will be held on May 03, 2020. The papers shall be as follows:
|Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off||Weightage|
|Paper 1||All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to|
test the drafting skills
|General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy,|
Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Legal, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical) and Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized|
subject related to the stream.
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions|
on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
Note:- The details with respect to Paper – 2 of Phase II for Information Technology Stream shall be made available on the SEBI website (www.sebi.gov.in) in due course.
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be issued new Hall
- For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper-II will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II (except IT stream for which details shall be informed in due course).
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase II.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase II exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (v) above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase III i.e. the Interview. List of candidates shortlisted for Interview will be made available on SEBI
Note: All question papers (in both the Phases, except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
Syllabus for the papers in Phase II is available in the Annexure to this advertisement.
- Interview: Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for Application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase II and Interview. The candidate may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English. Weightage of marks obtained in Phase II will be 85%, while marks obtained in the interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure if deemed fit.
Sebi grade a salary
- Probation: The successful candidates recruited for the post of Officer Grade ‘A’ shall undergo probation of two years. The candidates shall be confirmed in the services of SEBI subject to their satisfactory performance during the probation
- Pay: The pay scale of officers in Grade A is Rs. 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600- 2000(1)-55600 (17 years).
Presently, the gross emolument including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance, etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. Rs. 1,07,000/- p.m. without accommodation and Rs. 73,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
- Benefits: Other benefits viz., Leave Fare Concession, Medical Expenses, Eye Refraction, Education Allowance, Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Conveyance Expenses, House Cleaning Allowance, Staff Furnishing Scheme, Scheme for Purchasing Computers, Subsidized Lunch Facility, and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in
- Accommodation: Residential accommodation would be provided subject to
- Posting: The incumbent may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices. The recruited officers may be posted to any department of SEBI, irrespective of stream.
Official Website: View
Online Application: Apply Online